Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week One Down...almost

Hooray, we successfully* made it through week one!  It hasn't really been seven days yet, but it is Saturday night and I'm deciding to count it.  This week has been filled with many activities to help us pass the time, all within a structured schedule also designed to help prevent time from passing too slowly.


* "Success" is a relative term.  My successes may not look as graceful as those of other moms at this moment in time, but I'll take each one!  :)


We began our time with the highly-anticipated project of making cake pops!  Luckily it was not as frustrating or messy as I feared.  Rather, we had fun AND it occupied two free times during our day.    





We also initiated "Daddy Time" each afternoon, consisting of creating a card to place in the mailbox, watching a previously-recorded "daddy video," and enjoying a treat from the countdown jar.  I think more than a dozen cards have already been sent out...hope there's a big mailbox on the other side!



I used to eye this jar in Williams-Sonoma, wondering who on earth would need one so large...now I know!




Finally, we made sure to build in time each day to talk about how thankful we are for each person in our loving family.  It's nice to share hugs, but it will be even more wonderful to have a big FAMILY HUUUG once again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment